Friendly Challenge, also known as Friendly Play, is a game mode Hearthstone provides five primary game modes in which to do battle: Play mode Adventure mode Arena Friendly Challenge Tavern Brawl Game mode affects several secondary play factors, including matchmaking, rewards, and deck selection. Be that as it may, the in which players can battle against other players on their friends list in private unranked matches, often referred to as duels. Offering fewer rewards than other modes of play, duels are designed to allow friends to challenge each other to casual matches.
Players can choose to issue three types of Friend Challenge: Standard format, Wild format, and Tavern Brawl. The first two are regular matches played in either Standard Standard format, or Standard, is one of Hearthstone s two game formats, the other being Wild format. Standard format is intended to featureSpecial attraction a fresher and more focused Hearthstone experience, with a limited pool of cards or Wild format Wild format or Wild is one of Hearthstone s two game formats, the other being Standard format. Wild format appears in game modes in which players are allowed to play decks without the deck restrictions of , requiring each player to choose a constructed Constructed is a term used to refer to decks which have been created using cards from the player s collection. Constructed play is play in either Play mode, Practice mode or Friendly Challenge. Some Tavern Brawls deck appropriate to the chosen format. The last type of duel queues both players into the current Tavern Brawl The Tavern Brawl interface Tavern Brawl is one of Hearthstone s lighter game modes. A weekly event, a new Tavern Brawl begins each Wednesday (Thursday in Asian regions), ending the following Monday. Outside of these times, (assuming one is currently available), using either specially constructed Brawl decks or premade decks, depending on the Brawl.
Friendly Challenge is the only game mode in which players know the identity of their opponent before the match begins. This can allow for some strategic anticipation, both in play and in choice of deck. When two players know each other (and their decks) very well, duels can present the opportunity for a level of strategy not often seen in other types of play.
While the opponent is known, each player`s deck is not revealed before the duel commences. When playing a series of matches, this can allow players to surprise the other with a deck intended to counter their opponent`s previous deck. Be that as it may, bear in mind that the opponent may also have chosen a different deck. Long series of duels may in this way begin to resemble a game of rock-paper-scissors.
- Hearthstone friendly challenge (een game tegen een vriend van )
- Hearthstone: Amnesiac vs Amaz | Friendly Challenge (Amnesia_sc playing against Ama)
- Duels are not generally eligible for completing quests See quests which reward gold. For the spell card, see Quest (ability). A quest in Hearthstone refers to a specific action or objective that the player can perform or achieve in order , with a few explicit exceptions, and will not award gold The gold counter, found in the bottom right corner of most menu screens Gold is a type of in-game currency that can be exchanged for card packs, or entry into either Arena or Heroic Tavern for wins, but do award experience A hero is a character in the Warcraft universe representing the player. In Hearthstone, this concept is expressed in three interrelated but distinct ways: Heroes are gameplay characters representing players or bosses within a match. .
- The only exceptions are the `Total Dominance` quest which can be completed in any mode, and the `Play a Friend!` quest which can only be completed by playing a Friendly Challenge with a friend.
- The Friendly Feud Friendly Feud is a special time-limited event, during which players can complete quests through Friendly Challenges with players on their friends lists. The event is not annual and does not have a set schedule for special event Events are limited periods during which special rules or bonuses apply to Hearthstone. Some events are extensive festive alterations to the game, complete with special offers, themed battlefields and Tavern Brawls, while others offer smaller also provides an exception: during the event players can complete quests during duels, as though they were battling a randomly selected opponent.
- Duels are initiated directly through the social interface, limiting them to players on the challenger`s friends list.
- Friendly Challenge is the only game mode which allows the player to choose their opponent. For this reason, duels are often used when wishing to experiment with specific card mechanics or elaborate plays. They are also often used for rematches against players encountered in Play mode Preparing for battle in Ranked play mode, in Standard format Play mode is a game mode that matches players against other human players of similar skill. Players can choose to play Casual friendly games, or , after adding the player to the friends list.
Issuing a Friendly Challenge
To issue a Friendly Challenge the player must open their friends list and click on the dual-bladed icon to the right of a player who is online on Hearthstone, but not currently in a match. This will issue them a prompt challenging them to a duel with the player, which they can accept or decline. Accepting the challenge will take both players to the Friendly screen, a selection screen very similar to the Play mode Preparing for battle in Ranked play mode, in Standard format Play mode is a game mode that matches players against other human players of similar skill. Players can choose to play Casual friendly games, or screen, where each player can choose their deck A deck is a collection of exactly 30 cards. All cards drawn by the player during a game come from their deck. Each deck is tied to a specific class. Decks can be created and . Once both players have chosen their decks, the match will commence.
At the conclusion of a Friendly Challenge, players are returned to the Friendly screen, from which they may change their choice of deck, challenge their opponent to another match, or return to the main menu The main menu for Hearthstone is the central hub from which the various aspects of the game can be accessed, and the first screen arrived at when the game has completed its startup. Be that as it may, when .